Success is an attitude - Together we can cause a paradigm shift.
The Lesotho Planned Parenthood Association seeks a suitable candidate to fill the position of the Chief Executive (CE). The Chief Executive will be tasked with the success of LPPA and its future direction. She/he will be responsible to the NEC (and IPPF Regional Office) for institutional, financial and programmatic development and management of LPPA.
The Chief Executive overall responsibilities:
• Ensure that LPPA has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
• Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board.
• Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the LPPA's work.
• Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with local and donor regulations.
• Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the Sexual and reproductive Health.
1. Legal and regulatory compliance
• Files legal and regulatory documents and complies with relevant laws and regulations both at Local authorities and at IPPF level.
• Helps Board determine values, mission, vision and goals.
• Helps Board monitor and evaluate LPPA’s relevancy, effectiveness, and results.
2. Human Resource Management and General Administration
• Provides general oversight of all LPPA activities, manages day to day operations, and ensures a smoothly functioning, efficient LPPA.
• Ensures program quality and LPPA’s stability through development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation. (accreditation)
• Recommends staffing, compensation, and financing to Board.
• Works effectively with Board, to define their roles and responsibilities help evaluate their performance regularly.
• Works with Chair of the Board to enable Board to fulfil its governance functions and manages Board’s due diligence process to assure timely attention to core issues.
• Works with Chair of the Board to focus Board attention on long range strategic issues.
• Works with Board members to get best thinking and involvement of each Board member and to stimulate each Board member to give his / her best.
• Recommends volunteers to participate in the Board to play an advisory role in the different sub-committees
4. Finance/ Fiscal
• Ensures that MA is fiscally sound.
• Works with staff and Board to prepare LPPAs budgets and Annual work Plan.
• Establishes rigorous accountability standard for grant and budget tracking.
• Presents annual budget, quarterly financial reports to Board and to IPPF Regional Office.
• Ensures MA compliance accountability to Board, funders and regulatory bodies.
• Engages with IPPF Management and Board Treasurer in financial planning and diversification activities.
• With Board, ensures financing to support goals, including effective Resource mobilization program.
5. Resource Mobilization and Philanthropy (knowledge management)
• Develop and sustains a diverse funding base.
• Raise the visibility of LPPA through the development and implementation of a sustainable marketing campaign geared to its various stakeholders as well as the public.
• Ensures an effective resource mobilization program by serving as the chief development officer or hiring and supervising an individual responsible for this activity.
• Participates actively in identifying, cultivating and soliciting donor prospects.
6. Relationship (advocacy/ partnerships)building
• Identifies the key relationships necessary to support an effective Association and assures proper planning, relationship building and communications to develop and maintain them.
• Represents LPPA at all appropriate public functions and makes effective public presentations.
• Establishes and maintains contacts with key individuals in both the public and private sectors
• Works with legislators, regulatory agencies, volunteers and representatives of the private sector to promote legislative and regulatory policies that encourage a healthy community and address the issues of LPPA constituencies.
• Demonstrates initiative and creativity in identifying and addressing strategic issues facing the Member Association
• Effectively manages continuity, change and transition.
• Sets and achieves clear and measurable goals and reasonable deadlines.
• Deals effectively with demanding situations and designs and implements effective interventions.
• Consistently displays integrity and models LPPA’s values.
• Minimum of a degree in Public Health/Business Administration/Management preferably master’s degree.
• At least 10 years of overall professional experience; ideally 5+ years of demonstrable broad program, financial and operations management experience in a senior position.
• Significant and proven leadership skills developed through several years in senior management positions.
• Excellent organizational development, interpersonal, marketing, communication, administration and personnel management skills essential.
• Understanding of not-for profits and experience working with boards of directors and volunteers.
• An affinity for working with a culturally and politically diverse stakeholders.
• Is visionary, trustworthy, diplomatic, understanding and innovative with high energy level.
• Experience managing a complex budget.
• Passion for the mission of LPPA and IPPF.
• Success at fund development, including knowledge of and success in attracting donors and corporate grants; ability to solicit individual donors
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; strong presentation skills
• The ability to foster a healthy organizational culture, to encourage teamwork and collaboration; strong interpersonal skills that include the ability to inspire and motivate; effective at conflict management
• Ability to raise the visibility of LPPA through successful advocacy
• Excellent analytical skills
• Multi-cultural sensitivity
• Experience working with and developing an effective Board of Directors
• Legislative political savvy
Applicants are to submit a COVERING LETTER, COMPREHENSIVE CV and CERTIFIED COPIES OF EDUCATIONAL CERTIFICATES to: PATTED Financial Consultants…at Freeway Motors Upstairs, Near Lakeside Robots, above Carewell Clinic, Maseru East .
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
• The closing date for receiving full applications is the 24th April, 2019, at 12H00
• Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Selection interviews will be at a date, time and place determined by the LPPA.
• LPPA reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified.
“The Association shall not discriminate on grounds of race, age, creed, ethnic origin, political belief, gender, disability, sexual orientation, HIV status and sex.”